- 1 can low sodium chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 12 oz jar of Roasted peppers
- 6 oz artichoke hearts, drained
- Celery, washed and cut
- Cucumber, peeled and cut up
- Carrot, peeled and cut up, or use baby carrots
- Grape or cherry tomatoes, washed
- Open one can of chickpeas and rinse in beans in a colander.
- Place beans in the blender.
- Add tahini to the blender
- Open red peppers and pour juice into a bowl (if you want to have some peppers to chop for the top, set aside 1/2 of a pepper).
- Add red peppers to the blender.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add 1/2 cup of juice from red pepper jar.
- Blend until smooth. If too thick, add a tablespoon of red pepper juice at a time.
- Serve with celery, tomatoes, carrot or cucumber slices.